Wheel offsets

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel offsets
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 07:33:37 -0700
This guy could use some help.

>Please help with advise. Im about to order Minilite or Superlite wheels
for my 1967 Sunbeam Tiger. My question concerns wheel offset. I'd Like to
go with more offset or wider wheels to fill the rear wheel wells. Superlite
recomends 6x13" with 2@13mm positive and 2@23 positive and 185/60/13 tires.
The Minilite application list shows 13 or 14" with 15mm offset. What will
fit without modifacions to the car? Can you advise, or direct me to someone
might. Thank You for your time.
>Mitchell S Montgomery
>mailto:mitchell2@jps.net
>10285 Schaffer dr.
>Truckee Ca 96161
>530 587 2939

Mitch,

I put 15" Panasports on my car awhile back. Here is my old posting to the
list regarding the offsets and installation information.

Listers,

For your information: I installed a new set of Panasports on my Tiger.
Originally 3 types of 15" wheels were available for the Tiger, 15x6 24mm
offset, 15x7 22mm offset (rear only) and 15x7 15mm offset (rear only). Upon
ordering I was informed that 2 offsets were currently available. The 15x6
24mm and a new 15x7 20mm. This is the configuration I went with. I mounted
195/50ZR15's on the 15x6's up front, and 205/50ZR15's on the 15x7's on the
back. A 55 series tire was recommended by Panasport, but I couldn't get the
tires I wanted in that aspect ratio. The new rim/tire combo bolts up
without any frame or body contact. The inner sidewall on the rear tires
clear the leafs by 1/2". The 55 series tires would have been really tight
on the front edge of the front fender arch when turning with any body roll.
The inflated diameters of the tires are 22.7" on the 195's and 23.1" on the
205's. BTW I installed BFG Comp TA ZR's.

It sure makes a difference in the way the car feels and looks. For
$1300.00US, It better make a difference.

M.S. '66 Tiger