inquiry 062399a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 062399a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 06:56:21 -0400
Pete Stanisavljevich wrote:
>Has anybody ever cataloged all the comments said about Tigers at car
shows?
>I've heard some real great fish stories, beyond the usual 'Poor Man's
Cobra"

and Gerard wrote:
>"Those things came with Ford 283's."

Not to mention Chevy 283's (popular displacement?) and Chrysler 273's.
:^) Reminds me of a pronouncement by a self-proclaimed "car expert" I
once worked with that said "there was two sizes of small-block Mopar
engines: 340 for Plymouths and 360 for Dodges". Groan!

My least favorite car-show comment: usually two guys walk past, both
with MG or Triumph t-shirts, one mentions to the other "just hot rods;
cannot handle worth a d*mn".

Last fall at a car show, where the Garage Queen was the only sports car,
some lady points it out to her son: "Look, it's Austin Power's car".

Bob Palmer wrote:
>Larry,
>I hadn't given this question any thought, probably because Dale
installed
>my rear disk setup. All I have is a simple right-angle bend in the
solid
>brake line to my rear calipers.

Yesterday evening, while I was mowing the lawn, it occurred to me that
there's some movement of the rear brake cylinder on a stock Tiger's rear
brakes -- and guess what kind of brake lines they have? Any instances of
brake line failure on stockers back there?

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)