Re: Smiths Clock

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smiths Clock
From: "Schotland" <gary@schotland.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:05:52 -0400
Tiger Tom does a quartz conversion for about $125 that retains the operation
of the stock controls.  No one will know (except you and Tom) that your
clocks innards have been gutted and replaced with a totally reliable quartz
unit.  If you want your clock to actually work and keep accurate time, go for
the quartz conversion.  I had mine professionally rebuilt, after which it was
accurate to about 10-15 minutes/month - not exactly "Rolex time".

There are a number of people advertising in Hemmings who do quartz
conversions for as little as $50, but no one that I'm aware of has been able to
do one the way Tom does.  Have him do yours and you'll never have to deal
with it again. He can be reached at (717) 832-1116.

Gary Schotland