Re: Insurance

To: Bart Sneary <bsneary@gateway.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Mark Fridenstine <laceyf@crosslink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 23:16:43 -0400
Bart;  I live in Va. and have a vintage tag for my 66' Tigor. In Va. the law
allows us to drive minimaly (restricted), and pay for a county/state only once
for a perm't licence. There is no anual inspection due. I was restoring my
tigor and contacted J.C. Taylor for insurance ( 1-800-345-8290) in Pa. After we
got the facts and I sent a pic., they wouldn't insure it because it wasn't
completed. I tryed to convince them that, not finished I'd drive it less, but
to no avail. With my club I get "Antique Automobile" mag. monthly. So, I called
James Grundy (1-800-338-4005) they were cheaper and would work with me. Of
course I have restrictions, Locked garage, no motocross, etc. I'm sure that
mag. will have lots of ad's. Pic one which meets your needs. You need agreed
(stated) value. That means if the car is totaled you get the amount insured
for, nothing else. My insurance runs under $200 for $20,000 value / year. But
mines not an everyday driver, just pleasure, shows, tours, etc.
    Hope this helps, Mark