inquiry 070699a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 070699a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 07:26:36 -0400
Tim Ronak wrote:
>Someone made reference to Fiat Calipers as a rear disk kit for the
Tiger. I
>was wondering two things, 1 is it possible to install a rear disk kit
and if
>so what parts do I need to collect to do it? Do I need to bypass the
booster
>and upgrade the master cylinder for higher swept volume? and 2 Is there
>bolt on upgrade for the front disk brake set up such as vented disks
and
>larger calipers? Thanks in Advance to all who respond!!

I have the rear-disk kit _and_ the ventilated front rotor kit, both from
Dale's All-British, and I'm _still_ not done installing them. BTW, Dale
says there is no need to change the master cylinder or add a
proportioning valve. I told him I wasn't using a booster on my Tiger,
and while he didn't exactly condone using the rear-disc kit w/out one,
he said it didn't really change anything from the disc/drum combination.

I also have a dash with a glovebox door, I got mine through Tiger Tom's,
so it's probably the same brand. When I ordered it, Mrs. Tiger Tom
thought ahead and sent me a glove box (the cardboard part) without  the
hole that the stock one has in the grab-handle area, so the contents of
the glovebox _stay_ in the glovebox. This works out so well I never use
the armrest cubby for anything.

I went to seven shops on Saturday A.M., looking for shims to set the
rear axle end-float. I tried chain and independent auto parts stores,
speed shops, a 4x4 shop, and a repair service that specializes in rear
ends. No luck. Ouch.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP