Re: Moss Motors

To: keckert@terascape.com
Subject: Re: Moss Motors
From: CMeinel464@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:21:07 EDT
Kurt,

Thanks for the nice comments on Rick and myself in regard to Sunbeam parts
suppliers.  I think the point that most people are missing is the fact that
Rick, myself and Tiger Tom are all Sunbeam owners and enthusiasts.  Our
commitment and philosophy about supplying parts are on the opposite side of
the spectrum from people like Vic Brit and Moss.

I recently had a new Alpine owner tell me he found both the Vic Brit catalog
and our catalog in the trunk of his new Alpine.  Being that the Vic Brit
catalog had that color cover, he called to ask a few questions.  The operator
(order & info desk) response was that he/she had no knowledge of Alpines and
suggested he get the "Official Sunbeam shop manual" for $66.00 (our price
$36.95). He hung up and then called us to help him our with his technical
questions. As you know we are always willing to help and won't force you to
purchase anything.

Most if not all of the reproduction Sunbeam parts on the market today have
been made by Rick, myself and Tom.  This is truly a commitment to the marque
that is not followed by Vic Brit.

Rick and I do not sell any of our repro parts directly to Vic Brit, but they
sometimes purchase them from our customers in England and Australia.  For
example here is some parts I manufactured that appear in the Vic Brit catalog:

PART                            VIC BRIT                OUR PRICE
front amber lens        34.95                           12.95
front clear lens        34.95                           16.95
rear upper lens 32.95                           10.95
rear lower lens 39.95                           24.95

These are the same parts and I can go for hours..... But my point is Rick,
Tom and myself as enthusiast. We put most of the profits in selling parts
back into making more parts available to the Sunbeam Marque.  Our parts are
always made to match or exceed the original. With the continued support of
Sunbeam owners; Rick, Tom and myself will be able to bring more needed parts
back on the market.  That's our combined mission to our marque, keep those
Alpines & Tigers running and looking good.

Thanks again for your comments, and remember who's paying for that nice color
cover!

Curt
Classic Sunbeam