K&N airfilter part number

To: <BOBCARNUT@aol.com>
Subject: K&N airfilter part number
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 07:35:27 -0600
Bob and listers,

Bob you wrote:

Have any of you listers found a replacement air filter element that works
for
the Tiger besides a K&N filter? If not, what number K&N filter will fit?
Thanks in advance for the information.

Bob,
The actual K&N number on my box is not really clear as there are several
numbers so i will give you all of them:
CL  E-2859 and the bar code number is 24844 00338
The filter actually is shipped round and you have to "skwoosh" (another
Canadian technical term) it into your filter assembly until you run the
engine a few times and then it will hold it's shape. I had the original
gaskets in there for the original filter "strand" and I had to remove them
to get the filter to sit correctly.
I ordered mine from a local speed shop and waited about 9 weeks and paid
about $72 Canadian.
Theo ordered one from Rick at Sunbeam Specialties (If I'm not mistaken)
..... paid less and got it in about 10 days!!
Guess I should have bought mine from Rick at S.S. too!  RICK, I TOO AM NOW A
BELIEVER!!
Given the better breathing ability and smoother running over the old old old
old paper filter, to date it is the best purchase I have made for my Tiger
next to the wheels from Theo.
Regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680