Re: Tiger rearend questions

To: kelbo66@hotmail.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tiger rearend questions
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:12:13 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/99 9:23:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kelbo66@hotmail.com writes:

<< Were the stock rearends in the Tigers of a 8 in. Ford variety?

 Are there any newsletters out there to place an ad in?

 Is any one selling one?

 Are low gears (4.11, 4.77) available? >>

1. Stock Tiger rear ends were Salisbury, with Dana 44 center sections.
2. The 8" Ford rear end was available in Falcons (Comets) in the '60s and, I
think, Mavericks and Comets in the '70s. I'm not sure about later
availablility.
3. I would check with the Falcon Club of America as a starting place.
4. Yes, steep gears are available.

You also might check out the Fordnatics mail list. Those guys know everything
about things Blue Oval.
You also might consider a 8.8" rear out of a late model Mustang.
Dimensionally they are very similar, including weight, but they are a heck of
a lot stronger and can be built, cheaply, to be bulletproof.
Good luck,
Mike