Re: A Missing Problem

To: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A Missing Problem
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:22:45 -0700
>Hello Sunbeamers:
>My Series V Alpine, with dual Strombergs, has developed a "miss" or kind
>of a bumping hesitation, between 2-3,000 RPM when fully warmed up.
>Beyond 3,000 or so, it pulls strongly, with no missing or bucking, up to
>the red line. Any ideas on the likely culprit to look for? Carbs, plugs,
>wires, ???
>
>Thanks
>Steve Sage

Steve, I had the same thing happen to me.  I changed plugs, rebuilt the
carbs and put in new points.  Plus I changed the coil.  The miss was still
there.  I finally went to a single carb manifold from a series four with a
weber DGV carb.  Really ran great after that.

 But after I sold the car I found out that the intake manifold bolts have
to be tight with the original stromberg carbs or that miss can happen.  So
you may want to check that.  Also there's supposed to be a brace under the
intake manifold to keep it from shaking loose, so make sure that's it's
there and attached right.  Hope this helps

regards Armand Ritchie

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie