Re: why chrome ?

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: why chrome ?
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 00:27:46 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/99 9:05:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, KJENSSEN@aol.com
writes:

<< My Tigers have the hooded eyebrows ( both MK I ) and they are color
matched
 to the body paint.

 Are the CHROME ones aftermarket or what ? >>

The way I understand it, the chroming of the headlight eyebrows was just
something people took it upon themselves to do. It seems to be very prevalent
in the UK, based on the Tiger pictures I've seen from over the pond. I don't
think there was ever any "source" for chromed brows.
Also, as the "hooded" variety are made of two different metals, it probably
is pretty hard to get a good chrome surface with good longetivity, based on
my extremely limited knowledge of "chroming" stuff.
Mike