Fw: carpet backing

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: carpet backing
From: "The Charltons" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 21:09:24 -0500
>snip<
>Ronson lighter fluid (or gasoline) will slowly soften up contact cement.
>Need plenty of ventilation when using flamable solvents.
>Try not to light a cigarette or make a spark when using solvent.

Puleeeze don't use gasoline.  I'm a firefighter and every other year or so I
get to put out someone's house (or clothes -- but the flames are likely to
be out by the time I get there...) who's been using gasoline to clean
something off.  Use something with much higher flash point and lower
volatility like kerosene or even diesel (but good luck getting the smell out
later).  Also gasoline vapors are much heavier than air and will travel
downwind and collect in a low spot without dispersing much if the air's not
moving a bunch.

Duncan