2 Qs: fuel line and mystery nuts

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 Qs: fuel line and mystery nuts
From: "rflynn" <rflynn@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:41:52 +0100 (BST)
2 questions for yins (which apparently is Pittsburgese for y'all):

- Is there a preferred routing for fuel lines?  As I found out this
  weekend, mine comes up the starboard side via copper tubing, up
  the front of the block, in front of the waterpump where it rather
  dubiously rests against the inlet hose of the waterpump, and up
  over the intake manifold.  Should I be concerned about it resting
  against the water hose?  The last time I took the car out, I
  could swear I vapor locked when the engine hit 240+F and I didn't
  lose any coolant, which makes me suspicous about this contact point.

- On the panel to which the radiator bolts, I have 4 nuts brazed
  on to the forward face (i.e. the opposite side of the radiator),
  roughly just inside of where the radiator bolt holes are on the
  opposite/inside face (they seem to be 1/4"-20s).  Are these