DI water

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: DI water
From: pamelam@connix.com
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 21:06:08 -0400 (EDT)
I traveled with one of our experts this week that has 20 years experience
pumping Category I DI water through electrolyzers and fuel cells.

He thought that straight DI would be a risk, especially to a pitted
radiator. It will take ions out of the metals until the solution reaches
equilbrium.

However, adding rust inhibitor, antifreeze, pump lube to the water puts
ions in the water again. It is a good idea to use good water (I have to, as
my well water is high in minerals) to prevent scaling and subsequent
degradation of the ability to exchange heat.

Bob Melusky