Re: Non Tiger advice needed immediately

To: CoolVT@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non Tiger advice needed immediately
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:56:31 -0700
Mark,

3.27 versus 3.22? Must be a misprint. Why bother with such a trivial
change  (2%). The change to 3.55 is less than 8% versus the 3.27, which is
still a pretty small difference. Say for example  3,257 rpm cruising
instead of 3,000 rpm. Also, they may have upped the wheel diameter; e.g.,
from 16" to 17". In any case, you're not going to get much sympathy from
this crowd if you complain that your highway mileage is only 27 mpg instead
of 29 ;-(  Oh, what a pity!! BTW, both our SHO and our Chevy AstroVan are
geared way too tall too.

Have fun with your new toy,

Bob
Robert L. Palmer