non-list subject : Question on leather care

To: "Alpines AutoX Team" <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: non-list subject : Question on leather care
From: "herbeam" <herbeam@cari.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:55:25 -0700
Does anybody have any experience taking care of real leather in a car ?  I
don't want to put that shiny , slippery stuff on it.  The car is a Maserati
TC and the entire interior is real Italian leather...It is soft and supple
but feels dry and stiff in some locations...the dash is beginning to shrink
a tad.... Since the car is black leather , 10 yrs old and only 28,000 mi
with probably no maintenance on the leather ...its time to catch up.

What products will soften, treat, condition and preserve without that
silicone wet look.. I have used saddle soap in the past on my leather
jackets but there must be some now jet set goop that is 100 times better.

Thanks in advance for sharing your information and experiences with
me...HERBEAM    Bob