Re: Wheelie Deelies

To: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wheelie Deelies
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:45:38 -0700
Hi Jay , Harbor Freight has them for $74.99 for 2 and $129.00 for four.  A
friend of mine made his own out of 2 by 4s and some heavy casters.  But I
don't trust my carpentry skills that much. %0)

regards Armand

PS Harbor Freight PH # 1-800-423-2567 or www.harborfreight.com

I have found that I can fit the new Alpine into our garage if I turn it
>sideways and push it up against the rear wall.  Moss Motors carries these
>neat "wheelie deelies" which are low to the ground with four swivle wheels
>on each corner.  The idea is that you put them under the wheels of car so
>that you can move it around like that.  Unfortunately, they want $200 per
>pair.
>
>Any suggestions on other sources?  I presume you get what you pay for and
>cheaper ones might not last very long under the weight of the car.
>
>If I use a strong enough, big enough floor jack, well-placed, is it
>possible to move the car sideways?  I know I could never do that with my
>little floor jack.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Jay

ritchie@mcn.org