RE: Alternator

To: Chris Vaught <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Alternator
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 16:17:45 -0600
Chris,

You can see what I did at http://members.home.net/tsmit/alternator.html. You can
see some of what others did at http://members.home.net/tsmit/suni.html.
Basically, the internal-regulator alternators all connect with only minor
changes to the existing wiring harness, and they give you more oomph and
reliability than the generator.
The CAT bracket is a popular piece, and it can be adapted (as you can see in a
couple of the pictures) to fit a variety of alternators. I did my own because I
wasn't sure how the CAT bracket would have fit the Toyota alternator I used.

Regards,
Theo Smit
tsmit@home.com
tsmit@novatel.ca