Re: inquiry 082499b

To: larry.wright@usop.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: inquiry 082499b
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:26:39 EDT
Larry,
 If I remember correctly I slipped  a socket over the lower nut, the shaft
extended through the hole in the top of the socket.  I believe I turned the
socket with pliers while holding the squared off end of the shaft with a
small adjustable wrench.

  Also,  most of these shocks and struts can be loosened or tightened without
special tools that hold anything if you have access to an impact wrench and
can spin them on or off.  I found this out on a Volvo strut after trying for
two hours.    Mark L.