106 and Rising!

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 106 and Rising!
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 22:25:55 -0700
Tigers,

Today my digital indoor/outdoor thermometer was indicating 106 F midday. Of
course
everyone knows that only "Mad dogs and Englishmen" go out in such weather.

Top down, straw Aussie hat thonged on, I went for a little ride.  Yes, it was
hot.  But my water temperature never exceeded 195 F. in town traffic, without
the
electric fan.

Now, it wasn't bumper-to-bumper, or up a steep grade at high load, but it was
town
traffic, and hotter than h-ll.

I must surmise that all the mods I made are having a healthy influence on the
Tiger's cooling.

Next trip - Palm Springs, this weekend.  But the boss says we take the air
conditioned Concorde.

Another 'Blessed Event' in the family.  I previously reported that my daughter
had
acquired a Series 2 Alpine.  Well  my son is finally getting his S-3 GT back
from
the body shop any day, and yet another acquired Alpine came today for his wife,
Barbara, but I will leave that news release to him.

Now, if I could convince Linda, we could start our own club.  She'd accept an
automatic, but we'd need an additional 2 car garage.  {9->

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/