Re: Splinter Group????

To: Tim Jordan <tjordan@wagnerprocess.com>
Subject: Re: Splinter Group????
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:32:20 -0700
Tim Jordan wrote:

> Steve,
>
> We thought you have already started your own club.  We're anxiously
> awaiting the webpage completion and possibly a newsletter in the coming
> months.  T.I.C.  TIGER INT'L CLUB.  "It's GRREEATT!   Now if you can become
> a TAC inspector, the Tigers you will authentical will be "TIC-TAC'D"!!
>
> Wait!  You "was" not considering another seperate splinter group to form
> yet another club?
>
> Best wishes on your new adventure.
> Tim

Tim,

group', I
must respond ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I had NOT intended to release this information, until we were further along, but
see no alternative to your list broadcast comment but to honestly, and
thoroughly
answer it.

So, if you readers are NOT interested. Stop here.  I get a little detailed for
the
sake of completeness.

We already have a lot of very fine clubs in existence, with dedicated officers
and
members.  I am a member of a number of them myself.  There is not rational
reason
to compete against a successful group of regional clubs that serve their members
well and hold great events in their regions.

However, I do see an opportunity to help the local clubs to be even more
effective
in gaining new members, publicizing their events around the world, and
cooperating
on a world wide basis.

It would be a great thing if we were able to go to a single events list and see
what is going on around the world.  Think how much fun it would be to know that
there is something happening where you are vacationing.  Even better, how about
planning your vacation to specifically be at a location, country, event of
interest.  This is not possible now because such a coordinated events list does
not exist.

Wouldn't it be great if a new Tiger owner, or wannabe, could find his local
organizations to join or inquire about available cars in his area.  He would
know
who the contacts were, how to obtain membership information, and even link to
the
local clubs web site, as available.

Wouldn't it be great if smaller clubs, who cannot afford to maintain their own
web
site, had a web site that published not only their events schedule and
membership
information, but provided a specific page for that club to produce their own web
editorial page, with whatever they enough was important to post.  How about the
club that find's it's major expense is the newsletter, and no one wants to edit
it!!  Maybe they could still get out the important information, if they had a
place to go.

Wouldn't it be great if pictures of events and shows were available to all,
instead of a local newsletter print to members.  The publicity to the club's
image
would be great.

Wouldn't it be great if clubs would share some of their older previous
newsletter
articles with the rest of Tigerdom.  What a boost in image.

The Operative Word here is BOOST.  I would think that being a Booster of clubs,
their events, their activities, their accomplishments, would benefit all.

Remember that great tech hint that came on this list that you didn't need, at
the
time, or lost in your saved mail?  Wouldn't it be great if the best of them were
all collected together in an organized and searchable data base so you could
find
what you needed now?

Now, Tim, I know that a lot of your commentary was in jest, but this particular
one just might be mis-read, or mis-understood.  Especially the concept of
competition.  The only 'competition' we are interested in are the winners of the
concour or auto-X, and the standings to date.

So to answer your question: YES! A number of lister's are cooperating to put
together an international web site to celebrate and promote ALL our local clubs,
events, and people.  It is our  hope that we are successful in this endeavor,
and
gain the active participation of clubs, and individuals, world-wide.   We have
already gotten the blessings, cooperation, and participation of clubs across the
US and across both our oceans.  We hope for more, as the word get around.
We are currently trying to privately contact every organization we can.

This web site is being designed by professional designers, and will be posted
on a
professional grade web server.  There will be no membership, or fees, no access
limitations, no advertising banners.  (We are planning a place for individuals
post sale/wanted notices, for limited time periods, as a convenience.)  We will
try to make a set of links to sites of interest to owners, such as magazines,
journals, technical information sites, suppliers of exotic materials or
products,
without charge or preference.

I hope I've assuaged your concerns, and maybe whetted your appetite.  We can
always use willing volunteers to aid in organizing the tremendous content of our
technical sections, or create articles of interest to Tigerdom.

Consider this as an open invitation to any Tiger affiliated clubs to send me
their
comments, concerns, or desire to join in on a united effort.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/