inquiry 083099a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 083099a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:01:53 -0400
Tony in Columbus wrote:
>Are the LAT valvecovers(Part# E-4) available without
>baffles for use with roller rockers?,and if not,can the
>baffles be easily removed without damaging the part?

        Tony, my LAT covers came with the car, but I'd suspect they're
similat in not identical to the ones you can buy today. I ground out the
baffles and the cast-in bosses that supported them and have had no
problems since. I'd be happier if there was some kind of baffle in
there, but I don't seem to be burning any oil. I did mine with a Dremel
tool; I wish I had bought my mini pneumatic die grinder sooner, as it
would have taken a _lot_ less time.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP