inquiry 083199b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 083199b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:37:53 -0400
 James Barrett wrote:
>Folks,
>        I hate to say this, but my left leg & back just quit.
>In my Tiger II I have a 4 speed transmission and a new
>Long clutch.  It is easy to push in, but my left leg
>no longer works correctly. Therefore, I either have to
>switch to an automatic transmission or get rid of my
>Tiger II with the 351C 4 barrel motor in it.

        James:
        Have you ever heard of the Valeo electric clutch? I read an
article about it in a magazine a few years back; I've never seen one
myself, but found it interesting. Apparently it was/is to be offered as
an aftermarket item as well as OEM. As I recall, it was a bolt-in (yeah,
right) swap for a conventional clutch, only it was, er,
"self-activating" in that when you moved the shift lever, it disengaged
and then reengaged. The 'manual' tranny would remain intact. Sorry I
don't remember more, it has been a few years. BTW, one thing I
distinctly recall was that it was was built to be used in
high-performance applications, although perhaps not for as much torque
as your 351 puts out. Perhaps the makers have a website?
        If ya gotta go with a slushbox, then so be it; just thought I'd
point out an alternative. And I'm sorry to hear you're feeling poorly.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)