Re: oversteer

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: oversteer
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 19:25:15 -0400
Bob;
I love my Sunbeam, but I am not so blinded by love that I do not see that
the Tigers & Alpines have the most collision sensitive fuel tanks that I
have seen on a semi-modern car. By comparison the MGB is a role model for
fuel system integrity.. Years ago, when my car was in it's unrestored state,
with a missing fuel tank bracket on the rear of the left tank, it suddenly
sprung a leak from the crossover to tank joint & began to dump large
quantities of fuel on the road. Fortunately, at the time I had large rust
holes to let the excess fuel out of the trunk. Now that the car has been
"rustored" I can drive around secure in the knowledge that I have all of my
fuel tank brackets & the tanks & crossover are securely protected by a
sturdy sheet metal bumper.

Ignorance is bliss
Doug Leithauser