Pulling Splinters

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Pulling Splinters
From: nfgjr@juno.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:45:03 -0400
 Here is my two cents worth about a Tiger web site.

The e-mail link curretly in use is something very special that the we
have. I have a lot of friends that are "car crazy" and when I talk about
this resource they are surprised/jealous that someone would take the time
to support or use it. They also agree that it is the best way that people
from all over the world with different levels of knowledge and varied
backgrounds can share info. in a common way.

The Web sight I read that Steve Laifman wants to help initiate would be
another valuable rescource.  I say this based on experience with other
sights that draw topics together. They make it easier to locate a sight
that is close to where I live (such as a local club)or just see a fellow
Tiger owners homepage that contains pictures of their cars. Currently I
rely on the e-mail list when I want to see someones car and they include
there personal page address.

Can anyone imagine the convience of having one central location where
they could look up how to put an alternator on their 'beam see pictures
of James Barrets 351C surgery job (it really looks good enough that a non
Tiger person who I showed it to thought it was stock)  and then have the
ability to look up all of the club event calendars to see if there is an
event in the local where they may be taking a trip. All from one central
websight.

I currently have 20-30 bookmarks set just for Tiger related stuff. I
would like to narrow it down to 1. This sight would also contain other
page links that I have no knowledge of but are full of cars and technical
stuff.

I can only see good come from this and hope that others will also look
beyond their personal short term goals and see a use for something like
this that can help grow and extend the Tiger following.

Norm Garland
nfgjr@juno.com