Re: Exhaust Routing

To: "Mark Meswarb" <mmeswarb@itexas.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Routing
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 20:43:38 -0400
Mark,
        I run 2 1/4" OD pipes ( actually 2" EMT) on my Tiger II.
 Simple matter, I run them streight under the rear axle.  There are
a few slight bends to allow the pipes to pass from the headers
throught the X member to the mufflers, but that is about all.
The pipes are mounted about an inch or so lower at the rear of the
Tiger than the original pipes. I fabricated a strap similar to
the original rear tailpipe strap, but I use two bolts and two
layers of tire sidewall rubber as an insulator instead of the
double ended original rubber mounts.  The streight pipes last
much longer than pipes that go over the rear axle as the water
condensation does not collect in them.

At 11:28 PM 9/5/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Just took my MkII to an exhaust shop and he doesn't see any way to run the
>right side tailpipe.  The bracket for the panhard rod, panhard rod, brake
>line and fuel line are in the way.  He said he might be able to do it in
>1-3/4", but felt I need 2" for my 302 to breathe.  Any MkII owners out there
>running 2" duals and a panhard rod?
>
>Thanks,
>Mark
>
>http://www2.itexas.net/~mmeswarb/index.html