Stop Light Switch Fun

To: Tigers List <tigers@autox.team.net>, Alpines List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stop Light Switch Fun
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 22:54:21 -0700
Hello Gang:
I'll soon learn to take the list's advice more carefully. The old stop
light switch unscrewed very easily. I had the new switch from the parts
store ready to screw in. I was a bit suspicious since the "nut" on the
new switch is a bit smaller than the 1" on the standard, old switch.
Visually, the thread did look the same, though. Turns out that the
thread on the parts store piece is instead too big. I tightened it in
just a bit to see if there was any difference in action and although it
is a hair more responsive to pedal pressure, not much. This is probably
because it wouldn't screw anywhere near all the way in and was not
receiving as much fluid pressure????.

Back on with the old switch temporarily, and a new one will be ordered
from a proper Sunbeam supplier in the morning. So much for my attempts
at local parts supplies.

The good news is that even with a couple of installations and removals,
pedal pressure is perfect so no brake bleeding appears to be needed.

Steve Sage