Re: Windscreen Alignment Wedges

To: Armand & Lorie Ritchie <ritchie@mcn.org>
Subject: Re: Windscreen Alignment Wedges
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:03:55 -0700
Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:

> Chris sometimes they stick to the underside of the rubber molding.  So
> check there and see.  Mine fell onto the floor and I almost missed them but
> found em in the dust pile I had swept up.  There basically just made from
> rubber and have a hole in the center to go over the windshield bolts.  Mine
> had two on each forward (the nearest to the door jam) bolt. the one you
> have to take off from inside the door jam. they were about 1/4 inch thick
> at one end and tapered to nothing.  about 2 or 3 inches long and 1/2 inch
> wide.  You could make them from rubber off an old innertube I'm sure.
>
> regards Armand

On some of the 'few' cars that only had one bolt in that area (mine) there was
no
hole.

The only way I know how to get the correctly shaped and PLACED shim is to
assemble
and bolt down the windshield with the door closed.  If you get to the point
where
the angle between the window and the windshield will never allow alignment, you
need to move or change the shim.  The object is to have the angle and height of
the windshield match the windows and the top.  This is a hand fit job and I cant
imagine how it was done at the factory.

Steve

> --

Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >
                      < and don't let it get away!>

                            _/
                     _/_/_/