Re: Door Panels

To: RayKReese@aol.com
Subject: Re: Door Panels
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:28:04 -0400
At 01:23 PM 9/13/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Listers: I ordered some door panel blanks from SS awhile back and am just now
>getting around to installing them, but when test fitting the blank to the
>door the holes don't seem to align. Am I looking at this thing wrong??? I
>have GT doors and the blanks are supposed to be for GT doors. My original
>door panels are in such a deteriorated condition that they are of little
>help.
>
>Ray
>B9473174

        Ray,
        On my Tiger II which has the "GT" doors there are metal strips
rivited around most of the fiberboard panel.  There were two different
locations for the window winder.  The early doors had it too close to
the knee and they were moved forward.  The mechenical parts inside the
door are also different for the two winder positions.
The fastener holes are off set to allow the offset fasterns to line
up with the door holes.
        If the old panels are simply badly warped, then try ironing
then with a wet towell covering the cardboard.  Use a hot steam iron.
You may be able to get them flat enough to compare with what you
bought.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others