inquiry 091599c

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 091599c
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:50:25 -0400
Doug Leithauser wrote:
>After having put a lot of axles together over the years,
>I would not be too concerned it the axle needed some
>assistance from the "Polish Press" (My politically correct
>apologies to any Poles out there) to install the axle.

        Last night I eyeballed down the axle tubes; those small
(aluminum?) plugs seem to be in the right place, the splines seem to
line up, and I even tried swapping the axles. The 'clang' when the RH
axle bottoms out sounds all too solid to suggest that pounding on it
will acheive the desired results, IMHO.
        A call to the supplier of my Power-Lok is in order, in case I'm
missing something simple & obvious. Also, my "rear axle helper" is
talking about coming back so we can uninstall the entire assembly from
the car and pop out the Power-Lok to debug it.

        BTW, with enough horsepower and Floyd's winds, perhaps we'll
have a spacefaring Sunbeam sooner than we thought. If James goes over an
overpass at escape velocity, I hope he has his hardtop on and with
_really_ good seals.

        Any official word on S.O.S.? Last night I heard that a couple of
folks from around here are, ahem, bailing out. I know that Ed has put a
lot of work into the event, which will need its name changed to "Soggy
Old Sunbeams". Any diehards still going? If so, where; I suspect Dillard
will be somewhere in Tennesee by the weekend. :^)

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)