Re: Getting Ready For The Deluge

To: Julian Cranwell <JCranwell@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Getting Ready For The Deluge
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:15:04 -0700

Julian Cranwell wrote:

> Possibly the door release rod which runs the length of the door. You need
> to ensure this is packed with insulation betwen the rod and the door, for
> it entire length. Also check for the odd spanner (wrench) left by a
> distracted mechanic at some time in its past.
>
> Julian Cranwell - Surrey SIII & SIV

Julian:I did insulate the release rods (stuck weather strip behind them),
plus added some plastic sheeting to the inside of the doors (under the door
panels) to further insulate against noise. It seems to have worked as I can't
hear any more rattles, other than the windows themselves on occassion.

Unfortunately, I did not find any valuable factory objects in the doors. I
was hoping to, though.  Only bits of broken down rubber and insulation pieces
that had fallen in there.

Steve Sage