Fuel Pump Tiger 66' 1A

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Pump Tiger 66' 1A
From: Mark Fridenstine <laceyf@crosslink.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 1999 23:20:09 -0700
Help:
    I was in the last show for this Tiger for the year, (Soccer messes
time up) and I pulled the leaking fuel pump. On the bench I was able to
tighten the input line about 3/16" from the mark I put on it. To check
before and after I tightened it I ran air thru it. I think I got it
because I couldn't feel anything out of the fitting after I tightened
it. Before gas came out fast. So, before I put it back in the Tiger, I
thought that I'd take the 4 screws off and check the diaphram. Well the
shop manual shows that isn't where the diaphram is. But when I took the
4 screws off, there was a rubber o ring and a hard plastic
1 1/4" about, diaphram looking thing which was split from one end to the
other.
    Does this need to be replaced?    Where is the easiest place for
replacement? Is it broke or is this correct? And after running
compressed air 20-30lbs should I check anything else?   I had this leak
for a long time and tightened it as much as I could on the car, but got
alot more on the bench. Is there a fuel pump replacement that would
work?
    I know too many questions.  But, I could use your advise.
    As always many thinks in advance.        Mark