Hinges

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hinges
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:06:04 -0500
Bob or Jerry and Listers,
As I have not had to take my doors off yet I was unclear about access to the
rear and thought you only had access to the front of the screws. Chris Hill
noted that breaking a screw off is bad and I would agree so my preference
would be the heat route but for those screws where you have access to the
rear plate, Heat the plate around the screw to expand it and try to leave
the screw cold. With the fastening plate hot undo the screw do not wait for
it to cool as it will "grip" the screw tighter once cooled. Be careful not
to heat the threads on the screw ...they will melt very quickly...and would
be difficult to remove as a molten blob,
Regards,
Tim Ronak