Re: Laifman

To: info@bcmustang.com, Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Laifman
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:24:06 -0700
Chris, Steve, Jim,

Who said T5?? What about a Tremec?? Anyway, not everyone's engine puts out
500 lb-ft of torque. I've driven a Tiger with a T5 and it was a real
pleasure to operate. However, I too have a particular fondness for my
toploader. Mine's taken a lot of abuse without complaint. Most drivers
would find the T5 a lot easier to operate though. And, there's a lot of
Mustangs out there running low ET's with T5's - and a few Tigers too. Put
in all the "world class" parts and I guess they hold up pretty well. I
suspect if 4-speed toploaders still appealed to most drivers, Ford would
still be putting them in their Mustangs.

At 04:35 PM 10/19/99 +0000, B&C Mustang wrote:
>T5 will never come close to a top loader///
>

>chris m williams

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)