Front suspension help

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front suspension help
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 09:16:01 -0500
Listers....HELPP!!!
I just started to rebuild the front suspension for my upcoming move to
California as I will need to drive the car for a while as soon as I arrive.
Last night I started dissassembling everything and found some interesting
things and would like some feedback. I started the project and now there is
no turning back as I need to re-assemble the car inorder to move it.

Shocks: I have Konis but it seems that they collapse with only modest effort
and then take significant effirt to extend ....is this normal??

Upper Contol Arm: I was undoing the bolts and did not leave the bolts in
until all the bolts were out and I started to undo the last upper bolt and
the retaining plate started to spin and ultimately turned into a big piece
of spaggetti. Now I need to find this plate any suggestions where I can find
one ... Sunbeam Specialties...any pieces out there.

Lower Control Arm: I am installing new Bushings from S.S. and they look
really nice! But a local Alpine guy indicated that if you install the lower
fulcrum pin in backwards with the (pin swapping ends) you can improve Caster
and make the car less twitchy at speed. Has anyone else done this out there
and what are the suggestions.

Springs: I have stock ones and was thinking of going to the Sunbeam
Specialties 335 lbs.per inch springs but I do not want to change ride height
although I would like a little firmer ride.

How many shims do you have in the front suspension as I would like to order
some to ensure that I have the full length shims.

Please help if you can as I am pressed to get this done as soon as possible
before the garage gets to 20 below or the movers show up.
Thanks everyone!!!!
Regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680