RE: EMI/RFI

To: "'STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com'"
Subject: RE: EMI/RFI
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@isotel.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:17:11 -0600
Years ago, when I was making my first crank-trigger distributorless
ignition, I used a few turns of wire wrapped around the spark plug lead to
measure the spark output and timing advance of the system. The voltage
generated was on the order  of hundreds. It doesn't take a long piece of
wire running near, and (geometrically) parallel to a spark plug wire, to
induce enough voltage to cause the MSD (or your tach, or whatever else) to
false trigger. Using non-suppression wire makes the situation way worse.

Theo Smit
tsmit@home.com
B382002705

On Friday, October 22, 1999 12:57 PM,