Re: belhousing needed

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@isotel.com>
Subject: Re: belhousing needed
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:01:12 -0700
Tigers,

I can see I should have opened up my file on the Panasport series, and given ALL
the information on what they provide for a Tiger that was made for a Tiger.
Theo's caution not withstanding, the tire sizes listed, and their diameters,
come
from the manufacturers.

Panasport Fronts, as recommended by Panasport: FS-14 x 6 wheel: 4 x 108 B.C.
(Bolt
Circle); 22 mm offset.
Panasport Rear, as recommended by Panasport: FS-14 x 7 wheel: 4 x 108 B.C.; 17
mm
offset.

These take about 2 weeks to special order, and I have had quotes from $141 to
$189, including mounting, stems, spinner, Guard Nuts and balancing - with tire
purchase for the LOWEST cost, and $40/wheel for the HIGHER quote.

Tires:

I was looking at the Pirelli P6000 Veloce H rated.  My thinking was for
175/65x14
front, for easier steering (23.0 inch rolling diameter) at prices from $72 to
$50.  The lower cost was with the lower cost for the wheels and installation!!

For the rears (and could be used on the front as well, if your arm is strong)
195/60/14 at 23.2 inch rolling diameter.  These sizes were recommended by
Panasport as causing no interference, and are near the correct diameter.  The
prices ranged from $82 to $60, and again, the lowest price went with the lowest
price wheel and free installation and hardware.

Range of total price (as combined above) ranged from $784/installed set to $1062
(plus sales tax). A difference of $278.  These prices are from retail stores in
Southern California, and include store delivery and installation.

These are all first quality wheels and tires (no blems or seconds).  Other tire
sizes and brands will vary, but not by much in this performance range.

I did not price the 15" wheels, as the 50 series tires required did not have the
same visual appeal, to me.  The 14's were not easily distinguishable from
current
look.  The 15 wheels are a bit "heavier" looking, and the tires are obviously
low-low profile for the period.

I decided to stick with my 13" American Racing 8 spoke dealer installed set, as
they are rare and unique, although those Panasports are mighty pretty.

Would like an excellent American Racing 8 spoke with threaded spinner cap as
spare, if any are available.

Hope this helps,

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/