inquiry 102799b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 102799b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:11:20 -0400
        I got _really_ close to finishing the GQ last night. I was
checking out the handbrake, and wondered if any of you who've installed
rear discs have any recollection of the handbrake mechanism on the
calipers. The cable seems to move freely enough, and pulling up a couple
of 'clicks' actuates the handbrake. However, the lever arm on the
caliper, in the "released" position, is forward a good 1/2" from what is
would be when the cable is disconnected altogether. Also, there's a fair
bit of friction resisting motion of the wheel -- but that's also true
when the cable is disconnected -- more than on the front wheels. Any
thoughts or observations?

        Theo Smit wrote:
>Besides the tire width, you also want to give
>the nominal diameter some consideration. You
>can compare the nominal height of different
>width and aspect ratio tires using the following
>formula:
>Height = (Wheel Diameter)+(2 x Width x AspectRatio/100)

        I've learned the hard way that, beyond the calculations, there's
no substitute for measuring, and _asking_ the tire/wheel supplier for
exact dimensions. For a given size, these can differ significantly. I
picked a size for my non-Tiger truck that figured to be +/- 1% from the
stock tire, but when they arrived they were a full 3/4" taller than I
expected. They fit, but when my lowering kit arrives and I "drop" it, I
may have some fender clearance concerns.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com (new)
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333