Re: Boss Tiger?

To: <Hipo67@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Boss Tiger?
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:54:08 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <Hipo67@aol.com>
To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 1999 4:51 PM
Subject: Boss Tiger?

> Good day!
> I have a question of anyone on the list.  Is it possible to install a Ford
> Boss 302 engine in a Sunbeam Tiger?  Are you aware of anyone who has
> attempted this installation or was successful with it?
>
> Thanks
> Gene
> Sioux City, Iowa

Gene: anything is installable if you cut out everything that gets in the
way. The Boss 302s falls into this category. The heads are taller and wider
than the stock sm. block heads. A zip saw and hot wrench would be needed to
make them fit. I'm sure that this has been done in the past. But, with all
the modern aluminum heads heads available that don't require any hacking to
fit, I can't see a reason to cut up a good Tiger. Also, original Boss 302
heads aer rare and I'd imagine a whole lot more expensive than a set of over
the counter SVO aluminum heads. I'd be willing to bet that the 30 years of
development time that has gone a modern set of cyl. heads will give you
equal (if not better) perfomance, less weight, and much lower cost than the
antique Boss items.