Crossmember re-enforcement

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crossmember re-enforcement
From: "Mike Sutter" <mjsutter@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:19:36 -0800
Listers,

I have been in contact with a new member of the Tiger community and he has
asked me about crossmember strengthening.  The only method of strengthening
that I have seen first hand is the "Smitty" method. This method includes
the re-welding of the shock towers and rack mounts as well as the addition
of (2) 2 inch wide formed steel plates to the forward surface of the
crossmember ajacent to the mounting bolt holes. The plates cover an area
about 10 inches along the forward edge of the lower half of the
crossmember.

I have heard of other methods that involve the opening of the crossmember
and installation of stiffening ribs. If you could post some info on the
list of different methods and their merits it would be appreciated.

Any info on fulcrum pins would be of help also.

MS

R.I.P.G.M.