TE/AE United 2000

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TE/AE United 2000
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 22:12:45 -0500
Mark your calendars!  The TE/AE United 2000 will be held in Portland,
Maine on
August 24-28!

We tried to put a deal together in Portsmouth, NH, but the
price/date/facilities equation could not be made to balance.  So we
moved up
the road a bit, and found Portland, a city that wants our business!.
The local
convention bureau took no time at all to get us in contact with all the
right
folks, making planning easy.  The first details will be announced in the
November newsletter.

There's so much to do and see along the Maine coast that you might want
consider planning your entire vacation around this United.

HELP!  Now that we have the site, it's time to begin planning the events
and
activities.  WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!  All of you New England TE/AE members
are
invited to Steve and Janet Towle's this Sunday, Nov 7, at 1 PM, for a
kickoff
meeting.   We'll be identifying what activities we have to plan and
recruiting
the volunteers to plan them.  Remember, a United isn't just one big job.
It's
the sum of dozens of little jobs.  The more people that can help, the
easier it
will be.  And, I'll let you in on a secret, known to those of us who
have
stepped up to support Uniteds in the past:  It's more fun if you're part
of the
team!

So. Join us at Steve Towle's this Sunday!  Join our new planning
chairman,
Robert Jaarsma, and the rest of the original site search committee, and
help
make this the best United ever!  We have the date and the location!  All
we
need now is the team to put it all together!  If you can't make it and
want to
help, contact Robert or Steve before the meeting.

Please RSVP to Steve + Janet  for directions (603)889-5451,
ProfTowle@aol.com
For additional info:  Robert Jaarsma, (603)675-6622,
jaars@cyberportal.net