Front Suspension Parts Suppliers

To: mjsutter@cts.com
Subject: Front Suspension Parts Suppliers
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 19:13:20 -0800
Dear Mike,

        I thought I'd clear up some minor misconceptions on parts availability.
Rick at Sunbeam Specialties has his new replacement ball joints in stock
along with his new Urethane Bushings.  The bushings are going fast as they
have been out of stock for quite a while.  These new bushings are vastly
superior to the after market rubber crap Rick used to have available.  I
installed the prototypes for Rick, and one of his first production sets.
They seem to fit quite nicely but I question the permanence of the
lubrication the Manufacturer provides.  I like to drill the A-Arms for Zirc
fittings to assure that the rotating surface can be lubed in the future.  I
belive that Rick sends a copy of my STOA tech tip on this installation
along with the bushing set.

        Rick does not sell replacement fulcrum pins. Those are available from
Doug
Jennings of Tiger Auto Service in Dayton, Ohio,  (937 252-3317).  I
recommend, use and install Doug's pins.  Although I'd like more engineering
data and testing, his 4130 alloy based new pins are a better bet than the
used pins we've been running for 30 years.  Owners already have a history
of several OEM failures due to cyclic fatigue.  Even if Doug's pins are not
completely optimum, their a safer alternative than pins that have an
unknown remaining life expectancy.

Tom Hall