Tigers on Maui

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tigers on Maui
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:15:40 EST
Hey all-
While on vacation here in Maui, HI, I took my family to dinner at a local,
kind of "50's" restaurant. Anyhow, they host a cruise night the first
Saturday of each month. Needless to say, we missed it. But, on the wall were
pictures of various cars which have attended in the past. One picture was of
an immaculate Tiger engine bay! When I mentioned to my wife, "hey, look a
Tiger", the owner informed me that there were at least three on this little
island.
Does anyone on the list live on Maui? Any knowledge of Tigers here?
I just found it kind of interesting. BTW, Maui has LOTS of hot rodders. We
went over to a shopping center on the other side of the island (Kahului) and
visited with about 30 members of the local rod club who were having a cruise
night. Blown Vettes, Willys pick-ups, LS1 Chevelles, a bitchin '56
Nomad...some really high quality stuff. They also have their own raceway park
with a dirt oval and a 1/4 mile strip. Evidently, they line both sides of the
strip, just behind the armco when they run bracket night! Try THAT one in the
people's republic of California!!
Mike