Re: Draining Gas for Winter

To: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Subject: Re: Draining Gas for Winter
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:01:52 -0800

OK I've been slammed by enough people that draining a tank before the
winter is not a good idea.

HOWEVER, after what I've just been through on my 911 (with admittedly
injection) after putting only 1 gallon of 1 year old gas in the tank, the
first thing I'd do after storage would be to DRAIN those full tanks.
GARBAGE - that stuff is pure GARBAGE.  It took me three tank fulls with
injector cleaner, plus a number of tank fulls of standard gas without
injector cleaner, all new 14 qts of oil, and two trips to the mechanic, to
finally get that stuff out and get my car running right again.

Jay