Austin Tiger

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Austin Tiger
From: "The Charltons" <charlton@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:21:55 -0600
Tom,
Can you describe the car or tell me what the VIN is?  I saw one at a repair
shop recently in Austin, a red 1966 Mk1, B9473172 LRXFE, engine 4460 F2KA,
color 58. I took note of the condition (and left a note saying I was
interested [he was supposedly out of town for a month or more, and I never
heard back], but have since bought a very nice Mk1).  I don't recall any
serious rust, but there may have been a little bubbling in the lower regions
(but can't swear to that part of the condition).  The paint had been redone
at some point and now needs some attention.  It had Panasport wheels, a
hardtop, and the interior was a little tatty.  The engine looked pretty
stock and complete.  It was in the shop to get some attention to things like
a destroyed wood rim steering wheel.  The engine compartment looked good and
I could get you the name of the shop I saw it at -- the guy there said his
shop had done work on it before and is probably fairly familiar with it.

BTW -- the same shop had a pre-Mk IV Alpine ('fraid I don't know the series
well enough yet) sitting in back, light blue w/ a hardtop, a little
weathered looking, but straight and probably a good candidate for
restoration.

Duncan Charlton
charlton@flash.net