Re: Boot Floor Removal tool

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Boot Floor Removal tool
From: "Jim D'Amelio" <jimdamelio@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:34:44 -0500
Chris,

All the tools you mention will do the job of removing your trunk floor.

The best way I found to remove mine was with a spot weld cutter.  Very
neat.  It attaches to your drill and takes out the weld, but only on
one panel.  It does not drill all the way though the attaching flange.

You will have to unflange the side panels to remove and install the
new floor.  But there easy to reshape.

Also you will have to drill small holes along the edges of the new
floor in order to mig weld it back on the flanges.

Since Rootes spot welded it originally it is best to reinstall it that
way and besides if done right you can't tell it was ever removed.

Jim