Carb Spacer

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Spacer
From: Curtis Fisher <Curtis.Fisher@trw.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:05:31 -0800
Hello from Santa Clara,
I'm installing a 5.0 Motorsport motor in my Tiger to replace the expired
289.  I will reuse* the F4B manifold and Holly LIST-1850-3 carburetor.  The
previous carb had 3 aluminum spacers and 4 gaskets totalling 0.435 inches
in height.  All those spacers and gaskets seems like a higher likelihood of
a vacuum leak. I'm considering a single piece spacer.  Does anyone have a
recommendation for spacing?  The 5.0 has the B303 cam and GT-40 aluminum
heads.(Figure B-21 from the Sunbeam shop manual does not give much detail
on this spacer:-)
The 'project' has taken longer than expected due to unexpected frame
repairs, and other mods I'll be happy to post soon as others have shared.
Thanks,
Curtis Fisher
B9470844

*Alternate induction manifolds and carbutetors suggestions are welcome
also.