LAT 79 Hood

Subject: LAT 79 Hood
From: "Malcolm McDonald" <malcolm@daviesisland.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 08:34:24 -0500
I am going to start the body restoration of my MK2 in January. One problem I
have to contend with is a badly damaged hood. A previous owner used what
looks to be a chain saw to cut a hole for the crude hood pin on my Tiger.

I have a replacement hood but I was thinking of going a different
direction... LAT 79 fiberglass hood. I know there are a few sellers out
there but I would like to get recommendations and advice from people who
have purchased hoods.

I would also like to know if any one has any good picture of a original LAT
hood to go by. The only picture I have is on page 110 of the Book of Norman.
If you are familiar with this stock picture you will understand my need for
additional reference.  And that brings me to my last question:

The stock photo mentions that hood pins were used on the original hood? And
if so what do they look like and here could I get some?

I know this is a lot to ask but I know that if there is a answer out there
it resides with one of the member of this list.

Thanks,
Malcolm McDonald
B382100317LRXFE

PS. Does anybody have a original cigar lighter, radio and housing unit or
oil cap w/ hose attachment for sale?