Cold weather driving and roof seals

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cold weather driving and roof seals
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:18:23 -0600
Listers,
I have just turned the Tiger into a regular ride as with the relocation to
San Diego I have sold my wife's Civic .... Go figure a 1991 car can't get in
because of emissions but the '66 Tiger is not a problem????
Regardless, I have been driving the car daily and it has been pretty cold,
about 5-9 below Celsius, and the Tiger is almost TOO warm I regularly have
to crack the window to stay cool in town. On the commute into Calgary though
the car is quite drafty and outside air replaces heated air. With the hard
top on the car is a great all weather car and provokes inquisitive stares
from locals who wonder why some guy is driving his "summer" car.
(In Canada we draw a line between Winter beaters and Summer cars)

I read in one of the listings that there is a special seal that goes on top
of the windshield post seal and it is small and only available from he cat
club. Has anyone else used this seal and does it help seal up the vent
window corner gap where the roof, vent window, and windshield frame all
converge.

Now that I have fixed the front suspension with Dales bushings and new Ball
Joints and steering u-joints I got the W/Alignment done and it is set to 3.5
degrees caster and -.5 degrees camber. It really over-steers severely and
the back end seems very unstable. I have not rebuilt this yet but will soon
as I was surprised how twitchy the car became with good front suspension and
old back suspension.

Now that I am driving the car pretty regular there is a lot to improve and
next week I am going to get a couple of sets of MG Midget steering arms.
(about time ...Eh Theo?) I promised to do the recognizance on this and have
yet to get the free time during business hours.

Sure am looking forward to being able to work in the Garage without a
heater. Anyone want a 35000 BTU roof mounted garage heater ??
Best Holiday Regards,
Tim Ronak