air vent

To: "'TSMIT@isotel.com'" <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Subject: air vent
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:41:05 -0600
Theo,
Removing the steering column is a piece of cake. You undo the bolt in the
steering column then undo the clamp around the steering column and the clamp
below the dash. Unplug a few wires and you can pull it right out after you
recline the seat. While mine was out I cleaned up the shaft, rebuilt the
signal canceler (I have an extra if you need it on short notice) I just had
to clean and lube mine with lubriplate and bend the canceling tab out a bit.
While it was out I also cleaned the horn contact ring and now my horn
actually works where and when ever I press it. It would be a good time to
index the wheel as well when you stick it back in.
Regards,
Tim