Tiger transport

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger transport
From: bruce childers <bruce_childers@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:01:21 -0800 (PST)
With any luck, this time next month, I'll be a new Tiger owner.  Now,
I'm trying to plan ahead and figure out how to get the new family
member home, from near Denver, CO to Pittsburgh, PA.

I have 3 quotes from commercial shippers, a local guy with an open
flat bed ($900), and enclosed from Passport Transport ($1038) and
Horseless Carriage ($1450).  Any experience with Passport, HC, or
other commercial carriers?  Is HC really as good as some claim?

I notice in Hemmings there are a ton of small, independents that
transport cars.  Has anybody used one?  Better yet, is there any
Tiger owner near Denver w/enclosed trailer that wants an all expenses
paid trip back east?  ;)

I can rent a Ryder/Penske truck & trailer and drive it home, but a
trailer & big truck in a mid-west blizzard isn't appealing! (and not
much less expensive from talking to Penske)

Any suggestions are most definitely welcome.  Please respond directly
and I'll post a summary (clipping names from the replies, so feel
free to say what you *really* think ;)

Cheers,

Bruce